Find out more about Bob Atkinson
Top 10 most searched for flight destinations on travelsupermarket.com
So where are you all going to when you search for your flights at travelsupermarket.com? Here is our list of the top 10 selling destinations on the website. How many have you flown to? Use our search tool to find a cheap flight for your next trip.
1. Malaga – The gateway to the Costa del Sol, with low cost and cheap flights from all over the UK into Malaga Airport (AGP) also known as Pablo Ruiz Picasso.
In less than three hours you can fly into Malaga, grab a cab or a taxi and be in many of the beachside resorts or the mountain villages of Andalusia within a short onward hop.
Flights to Malaga are an ideal start for a self catering break in either an apartment or villa or a hotel stay in all ranges of accommodation.
Fly to Malaga with airlines such as easyJet, bmibaby, British Airways, monarch, Flyglobespan, jet2, thomsonfly, flythomascook and flybe.
2. Bangkok – The busiest gateway in the Far East for Brits, Bangkok is the capital of Thailand, a country that offers beach holiday paradise, exciting nightlife and bustling markets crammed full of bargains.
Flights from the UK take around twelve hours, with several daily non-stop cheap flights from London into Bangkok Airport, called Suvarnabhumi International (BKK).
Bangkok makes a great starting point for a holiday in Thailand, you can continue on to the Golden Triangle in the north, near Chiang Mai, or hit one of the many beach resorts in places like Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui.
Fly direct to Bangkok from Londonfrom London to Bangkok with airlines such as British Airways, Thai International, Qantas, Eva Air and Royal Brunei or connect with Emirates, Air France, KLM or Lufthansa from around the UK.
3. Sydney – The biggest city in Australia with daily one-stop flights from London, taking around twenty two hours to reach Sydney Airport (SYD), also known by theits name Kingsford Smith. Sydney is one of the most recognisable of the world’s cities with its famous harbour bridge and Sydney Opera House.
It has a great relaxed atmosphere, superb beaches nearby, including Bondi, Coogee and Manly, excellent food and drink and stunning scenery just a short hop away including the Blue Mountains.
With flights to Sydney you can travel onwards to many of the other Australian cities, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Cairns as well as to Ayers Rock and Darwin and build your own holiday itinerary.
Fly direct to Sydney from London with British Airways, Qantas or Virgin Atlantic or connect with Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Etihad or Qatar Airways from around the UK.
4. Tenerife – Tenerife is the best known of the Canary Islands, a region of Spain. The island has two airports with nearly all flights from the UK arriving at Tenerife South airport (TFS), also known as Reina Sofia.
There are low cost and charter flights to Tenerife from all over the UK taking around four hours to reach this year round sunny island. You can choose from a massive range of accommodation – hotels, resorts, self catering and villas and cheap car hire is a must to really explore all the island has to offer. Tenerife appeals to all from a cheap and cheerful holiday to a top end spa holiday, Tenerife has it all.
Fly direct to Tenerife with airlines such as easyJet, Ryanair, monarch, jet2, Flyglobespan, thomsonfly and flythomascook.
5. New York – With hundreds of flights a week from the UK to New York, this is the most accessible of the US cities for us Brits. Flights take around seven and a half hours to reach either John F Kennedy (JFK) or Newark (EWR) from airports all over the UK.
These non stop and direct flights leave Heathrow, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh airports. A cheap flight to New York makes this incredible city and affordable destination. Add in a hotel and you have an ideal base to explore Manhattan, the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and all the many museums, galleries and shops.
Fly non stop with airlines such as British Airways, American Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Continental and Delta or connect with airlines such as Air France, Aer Lingus, Lufthansa and KLM from all over the UK.
6. Orlando – Orlando is a firm favourite with the British as the gateway to Florida’s theme parks such as Disney, Universal Studios and Sea World. Families enjoy the area due to the vast array of places to visit, things to be entertained by and places to eat.
You are spoilt for choice for accommodation with hotels and villas of all quality and price range. There are two airports, Orlando International (MCO), which is used by scheduled carriers and Sanford (SFB), which is used by charters and both being reached in around nine hours from the UK.
You can get cheap flights to Orlando from all over the UK with airlines such as Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, monarch, thomsonfly and flythomascook or connect with airlines such as Delta, US Airways and Continental forom a number of airports.
Cheap car hire is a must in Orlando lets you make the most of this engaging part of Florida.e area.
7. Larnaca – Cyprus is an island in the Mediterranean with close links to the UK and a place where thousands of people flock for their holiday each year.
Flights arrive into Larnaca (LCA) from all over the UK taking around four hours non stop with airlines such as Cyprus Airways, thomsonfly, flythomascook and monarch, who all offer direct flights from the UK.
Most visitors will head for one of the many resorts on the south coast of Cyprus, known for their spa hotels and good standards of accommodation.
An alternative to Larnaca is Paphos (PFO), which has flights with airlines such as easyJet, British Airways, Cyprus Airways, monarch, thomsonfly and flythomascook from around the UK.
8. Mumbai – Mumbai is the home of ‘Bollywood’ – and known to many by its old name of Bombay. A bustling and vibrant city, it is excellent for shopping and a great arrival point for those visiting friends and family in India.
Cheap flights to Mumbai take around eight hours from the UK on non stop flights and arrive into Chhatrapati Shivaji International (BOM). These are available from London with airlines such as British Airways, Air India, Jet Airways and Virgin Atlantic. Alternatively, you can connect with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways, Air France, KLM and Lufthansa from all over the UK.
9. Lanzarote – Lanzarote is one of the Canary Islands situated in the Atlantic Ocean off the west coast of Africa. Cheap flights from the UK take around four hours and arrive into Arrecife airport (ACE). They are available from a range of airlines on non stop flights such as easyJet, Ryanair, thomsonfly, flythomascook, jet2, Flyglobespan and monarch, taking around four hours.
The island is well known as an ideal destination for windsurfers and year round sun, being a firm favourite with the British holidaymakers. Hotels, self catering apartments and villas offer a wide range of accommodation, while cheap car hire in Lanzarote is readily available to help you get around the island independently..
10. Johannesburg – The busiest airport in South Africa and home to the FIFA World Cup in 2010. Johannesburg, or Jo’burg, has recently seen its airport rebuilt to be ready for the tournament. Flights arrive into Oliver Reginald Tambo International – JNB (formerly Jan Smuts International) and take around eleven hours from the UK on non-stop and direct flights from London to Johannesburg.
Fly with British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and South African Airways or connect with Emirates, KLM, Air France and Lufthansa from around the UK. It is easy to reach onward destinations in South Africa such as Durban, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and George.