Finding the best car hire deal isn't just about finding the cheapest rental car, the extras that you're charged at the rental desk can also add up. The most expensive of these extras is usually the car hire excess insurance which can cost as much as £20 per day depending on the company and the pick up location.
We've scoured the market to find a lower cost alternative for our customers, and have found stand-alone insurance from iCarhireinsurance at just £2.99 per day which can save you over 65% when compared to the rental desk. What's more, hire car excess insurance from iCarhireinsurance.com protects the vulnerable parts of the rental vehicle that are usually excluded by the rental companies, even if you've bought their more expensive damage waivers.
What is Car Hire Excess Insurance?
When you rent a car your rental agreement will usually include a number of insurances including Collision Damage Waiver or CDW (sometimes called Loss Damage Wavier - LDW) and 3rd party liability insurance. However, if the vehicle is damaged in an accident or stolen, the person who rents the vehicle is usually liable for the first portion of the loss, the “excess”. This amount varies, but it's usually between £750 and £2,000.
You can protect yourself against excess charges by purchasing an Excess Waiver at the rental desk but it will cost you up to £20 a day to do so. Alternatively, you can purchase a stand-alone excess insurance policy from iCarhireinsurance.com for just £2.99 per day. iCarhireinsurance is a specialist in providing car hire insurance, enabling you to buy complete peace of mind for a fraction of the cost.
Great Value - Annual and Daily policies
£2.99 per day is great value, but if you're a regular car hire user, or if you have a longer trip planned you could save even more with an Annual Car Hire Excess Policy. With prices starting from just £39.99, if you're a regular user who usually buys the Excess Waiver at the rental desk an Annual iCarhireinsurance.com policy will have paid for itself after the first 3 or 4 days of use!
- Chose Annual or Daily cover
- Protect yourself against excess charges for damage and theft
- Includes cover for damage to areas usually excluded by the rental company such as windscreens, tyres, roof and undercarriage
- Chose from European or Worldwide coverage
- UK automatically included for UK residents
- No distance from home restrictions
- Includes cover for additional drivers named on the rental agreement
How it works
- Buy your Annual or Daily Car Rental Excess Insurance policy from iCarhireinsurance before you travel
- Say no to the additional insurance or excess waivers you are offered at the rental desk
- If you are charged an excess amount when you drop your car off, claim it back from your iCarhireinsurance policy