Cambridgeshire is perfect for anything from romantic short breaks to family holidays. There are a wide range of attractions in the University city of Cambridge from fascinating museums to historical sites, stunning scenery and more.
Accommodation in Cambridgeshire ranges from beautiful hotels to quaint guest houses. Many of these also cater for children, making them ideal for family getaways. There are also boutique and luxury hotels in the larger towns and romantic hotels and guest houses set in breath taking countryside. For those on a budget there are also cheaper hotels available.
Best of Cambridgeshire breaks for...
- Historical: Duxford is home to The Imperial War Museum, which is filled with fascinating wartime aircraft. The Ely Cathedral, found in the suburbs of Cambridge, is also home to a stained glass museum and offers incredible architecture. There are also a number of important historic Abbeys such as Denny Abbey and Ramsey Abbey, all located within easy reach of many local hotels.
- Nature lovers: Located just south east of Cambridge, is Wandlebury Hill, perfect for walking and bird watching. There is also the Ouse Washes, a stunning area in the fens that is home to an RSPB nature reserve, as well as the Paxton Pits nature reserve.
- Families: For days out with the kids, there are plenty of options handily located close to hotels, including Linton Zoo. There is also the Big Sky Adventure Play centre in Peterborough, which is perfect for tiring the little ones out.
- Festivals: There are a number of festivals in Cambridgeshire, throughout the year including the Cambridge Folk Festival and the Lodestar music festival. Many of the county's hotels offer deals around these times and with so many hotels to choose from, you won't have a problem finding excellent accommodation.
- Food lovers: With a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, visitors can sample traditional English food sourced from local farms or alternative options such as Portuguese or Indian food. Fans of gastronomy can also enjoy a number of European food festivals including the famous Baldock Beer Festival.
Regardless of how you choose to spend your time in the beautiful and diverse county of Cambridgeshire, you will not be disappointed. From its fantastic attractions to its beautiful scenery and first class hotels, the county has something to offer every visitor.