Yorkshire is a popular destination all year round for tourists, with 17 award winning beaches and 3 National Parks.
Yorkshire offers the perfect mix of beautiful countryside and outstanding beaches. Yorkshire hotels can be found to suit any budget ranging from bed and breakfast right up to luxury hotels. Hotels in the Dale areas of Yorkshire tend to be located in small villages in the hills, whereas seaside towns such as Scarborough, Whitby and Bridlington offer hotels right on the sea front.
Best of Yorkshire breaks for...
- Nature Lovers: The Ingleton White Scar Cave is a stunning natural cave in the Yorkshire Dales, with underground streams, a waterfall and a 200,000 year old Battlefield Cavern. The North Yorkshire Moors are filled with beautiful moorland, ancient woodland and historic sites, complimented by spectacular coastline.
- Relaxation: Harrogate is the most famous spa town in the north of England, with many tourists visiting to experience the spas and treatment therapies. Many Harrogate hotels provide spa facilities for their guests.
- Families: Valley Gardens in Low Harrogate is the City's main park and offers an ice cream parlour, playground, outdoor paddle pool and a summer house. Bridlington is another excellent seaside resort in Yorkshire, offering some of the best beaches around. Bridlington is the home to Sewerby Hall and Gardens which accommodate a small zoo for children, Bridlington Leisure World offers an indoor pool with a water slide and wave machine.
- Beach goers: For those seeking a beautiful seaside town, Scarborough is a great location. With hotels in Scarborough available offering perfect sea views, it is the largest holiday resort on the Yorkshire coast and has been officially classified as having "safe" beaches. Bridlington also has a superb beach and offers traditional seafront amusements and entertainment for children, along with Old Time slot machines.
- Nightlife: Scarborough is famous for its lively nightlife, with several bars, restaurants and even a large casino. The Seafest Festival takes place in Scarborough each year to celebrate the work of the Scarborough fishermen and hosts of folk singers, musicians and shantymen descend on the Scarborough area. Spa Theatre in Bridlington has played host to many famous entertainers and also offers a good night out.
The hotels in Yorkshire provide a superb contrast, with some hotels keeping their historical feel and others presenting a contemporary look. Small, intimate hotels offer a personal service whereas larger chain hotels generally have outstanding facilities available.