home
in

has anyone been to skiathos!!!!!!!

Last post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 4:27 PM by demi. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Aug 01 2008, 4:27 PM

Re: has anyone been to skiathos!!!!!!!

Being a native Greek, although currently studying in UK I can tell you that Skiathos is amazing from what many friends of mine have told me. You can also go for a daily trip to the nearby island called Skopelos which again beautiful. What I would recommend you is that DO NOT book with a British travel agency because as I see through my experience by looking in several packages to go to Crete( i have relatives there) for a 7 week holiday on Sep, i can conclude that all those packages do not have the right features for a nice holiday in Greece. No good hotels, in not nice locations. And i can defenetly say that because more or less all Greeks know something about each island from self experience or friends, since we all travel around Greece every year. If i was you i would book by myself searching through the googleearth and tripadvisor. Besides, flights to Greece are not that expensive. That's my advice. Happy holidaying!
  •  Mon, Feb 25 2008, 4:38 PM

has anyone been to skiathos!!!!!!!

<span style="color:#ff6600;">hi,as a big lover of the greek isles[we got. married in lindos,rhodes]we,re trying skiathos in september for our 5th anniversary.not knowing the island we,ve booked to stay at aghio paraskevi,which i beleive is not far from the main town,has anyone any info,as to what its like,weather,nightlife etc,?have we made the right choice staying outside the town?.thanks gill</span>