home
in

PP Travel

Last post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 2:10 PM by Alan Bowen. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Jan 12 2009, 2:10 PM

Re: PP Travel

Never dealt with them, the idea of any time with drunken Aussies doesn't appeal but, and this is a big buut, they appear to be trading without any form of financial protection whatseover, at least I couldn't find any on their website. Without being techincally legal, they are selling packages which for the last 16 years should have financial protection in place and it is a criminal offence to offer packages without protection. That would be enough to put me off, apart from the Aussies, but they seem to have been trading for a long time, if they process your credit card, rather than processing it through a third party or pay pal for example, then you will be protected by the Consumer Credit Act if they stop trading before you travel.
  •  Sun, Jan 11 2009, 6:59 PM

Hi - 1st post...

I'm wanting to organise a trip to Oktoberfest in Munich this year for a group of people, and notice there is a company called PP Travel who organise these trips... Their website looks good, and they seem to have decent feedback on the bugbitten.com travelblog site, but as far as I can see they are not ABTA or ATOL members.

So - two questions...

1) has anyone had any dealings with this company, if so, how was it?

2) what is the general advice on using this company if they are indeed not registered... what protection is available (especially in the current climate) - e.g. will Visa protect me if I use my card to pay for the trip?

Thanks