home
in

Pre Paid Card to use in Europe

Last post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 6:58 PM by Travel_Bug. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Aug 06 2010, 6:58 PM

Pre Paid Card to use in Europe

Hi, not sure where to post this so hope this is the right place.

My son is leaving in 3 weeks to go and live in Malta for the foreseeable future with his Maltese girlfriend. He is 20 years of age and he doesnt want to take his bank card with him so wants a pre paid card to use.

We need a card that he can charge up online from his bank account, or where we have 2 cards, one that we can charge up here in the UK and then he can spend in Malta. I have looked at several cards and am now totally bewildered. I have spoken to Escape Travel Money but they have an overseas call centre and I struggled to understand them and vice versa, they claim i can't load up the card online so that is of no help. The other company I tried was Fair FX or Caxton FX I think and they also had an overseas call centre so experienced similar problems but they have a minimum reload value of 150 euros which was a bit too much for us to have to put on at any one time. We don't mind a minimum of 50 euros but preferably not more than that.

If anyone can suggest anything we would be very grateful as the time is running out in order to get this into place. Thanks in advance.