home
in

Must sees in Dublin??

Last post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 4:42 PM by MicroSerf. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Mon, Sep 15 2008, 4:42 PM

Re: Must sees in Dublin??

I'm heading across to Dublin for a couple of days and was wondering how you found it. What did you see/do? What would you recommend? I'm quite tempted to see the Guinness factory but not sure what else yet. Is it true that Guinness tastes much better in Dublin?

We live in a consumer generation, but we also have to work in it.
  •  Wed, May 07 2008, 7:08 PM

Must sees in Dublin??

Sorry for answering your post so late but my advise may help you on your next Dublin trip.

The official Dublin Bus Hop On Hop Off Dublin City Tour is by far the best way to see all the above mentioned attractions and even allows you a discount on all entrance fees.

If your bags are not too heavy the Airport Coach (non stop bus) is the best way to get to Dublin City Centre from Dublin Airport.

There are many things to do in Dublin that will not break the bank

Any other Dublin Advice just ask or visit my profile.

Married Dubliner.
    Workaholic
  •  Thu, Aug 23 2007, 8:39 PM

tortoiselady:

Visited Dublin last month, taxis both to & from airport, was charged 32.50 euros to hotel in dublin centre but only 17.50 euros back to airport in third of time, beware!!

Best to buy hop on/off city tour bus day ticket (around 10 euros), plenty of advice & irish banter from drivers! We had loads to see over four days, Trinity College, Kilmainham Gaol, Museum of Modern art, National museum, St Patrick & Christchurch Cathedrals, the G.P.O on O'Connell Street, sure to have a brill time.

thanks for your advice have booked the hop on off bus tickets and tickets for the Guiness factory.

•  Thu, Aug 23 2007, 8:37 PM

Thanks for the advice looking forward to our trip
  •  Tue, Aug 21 2007, 4:54 PM

Sorry I forgot to add that I've been to Dublin twice and each time caught the bus that stops outside the terminal at the airport - at the time it was about 7 euros, probably still less than 10 euros. I can't remember if that was single or return though. It took about 45 mins I think.

•  Tue, Aug 21 2007, 2:27 PM

definite must see is the 'Dead Zoo' (as locals call it) or better known as the Natural History Museum! Completely fascinating and well worth a visit. The Victorians have a lot to answer for ;)

Also take a walk through St Stephen's square, very nice and relaxing especially with all the artists exhibiting their paintings.

•  Tue, Aug 21 2007, 10:57 AM

Visited Dublin last month, taxis both to & from airport, was charged 32.50 euros to hotel in dublin centre but only 17.50 euros back to airport in third of time, beware!!

Best to buy hop on/off city tour bus day ticket (around 10 euros), plenty of advice & irish banter from drivers! We had loads to see over four days, Trinity College, Kilmainham Gaol, Museum of Modern art, National museum, St Patrick & Christchurch Cathedrals, the G.P.O on O'Connell Street, sure to have a brill time.

•  Mon, Aug 20 2007, 10:11 PM

Must sees in Dublin??

2 Couples going to Dublin this weekend for the first time anything we must see except the pubs and clubs or the Guiness factory!

Can anyone recommend a wee bit of culture or history?

Also is the bus from the airport reasonably priced or should we get a taxi?

Thanks