home
in

Best Pre-paid Money Card For Travel in Asia.

Last post Fri, Feb 17 2012, 12:01 PM by Bob Atkinson. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Feb 17 2012, 12:01 PM

Re: Best Pre-paid Money Card For Travel in Asia.

Hi Lakshmi

They make their money from the currency exchange rates when your sterling loaded card dispenses local currency or is used to pay for goods in the local currency. so do compare these rates before you commit with other card providers.

I would opt for a sterling card from Escape if you are planning on making a lot of ATM withdrawals and purchases as they have no fees and use fairly good exchange rates.

If you can keep the number of ATM withdrawals down and take out larger amounts then opt for Caxton who offer great rates and no ATM charges.

Fair FX is a good card overall as their exchange rates are generally one of the best in the market along with ICE so these can offset their purchase and ATM fees.

Click here for our recommendations http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaidcards/

Hope this helps.

Bob

Bob
    Travel expert,
    www.travelsupermarket.com
  •  Sun, Jan 22 2012, 4:35 PM

Best Pre-paid Money Card For Travel in Asia.

Having looked at the top cards I have come to the conclusion that surely one that does not charge for (international) ATMs OR any overseas purchase interest MUST be the best option, right? The only one I can see offering this is the Escape (Stirling) card. There are also no reloading fees, etc. Is this too good to be true? I am wondering where they are making their money?

Any insights would be most welcome!

Thank you :0)

Lakshmi.