home
in

NO credit card car hire

Last post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 10:00 AM by Avargent. 61 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (62 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Sep 12 2013, 10:00 AM

Re: NO credit card car hire

Very happy to be of help to other travellers : )
  •  Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:55 PM

Hi there, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you for writing the post that you did about car hire in italy. Literally for the last 5 days I have been checking and phoning car hire companies in italy to find out which would accept just debit cards and it has been such a nightmare, nobody that works in these places can really give you a straight answer or the one you want UNTILL I came accross your post then quickly checked out Avis online and its like they've ticked all the boxes for me. I really appreciate your help so much and even went to the troubble of creating this travelsupermarket account (which I will probably never use again) just to thank you, so thank you again. All the best and hope you had a great time away, off to Italy for 2 weeks on Sunday :) Kind regards, Rob
  •  Thu, Sep 05 2013, 2:05 PM

I have used Indigo a few times before as I don't have a credit card but thought I would chance it and book direct with Goldcar in Palma. I made the booking £62 for the week then emailed them quoting my booking reference And asked if I could use my debit card as I had previously done via Indigo. I agreed to pay the insurance excess on collection of the vehicle. I have written confirmation from them that they accept debit card payments at that branch and have saved myself £50 as Indigo quoted over £110 for the same duration, vehicle type etc. I know the tank of fuel isn't exactly cheap but the saving has covered that for me and a bit more.
  •  Fri, Aug 30 2013, 12:46 PM

A great company I have used previously was Indigo Car Hire They've also got a no deposit and accept debit cards but only certain types of debit cards. In Spain I think the full tank of petrol thing is quite regular and there's no real way to escape it.
  •  Thu, Aug 22 2013, 11:04 AM

I've used Avis several times now over the past year in Spain, France and Italy with a debit card only and no deposit.

Update on GoldCar - a friend just hired them on a trip in Spain from Madrid and making you take the car with a full tank is a big con! They charged us 105 euro for the full tank of petrol and when we filled the car up on our trip, it only cost 70 euros. Nice 35 euro profit. Never will use them again.

•  Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:32 AM

WE couldn't find a car to hire without a credit card and by accident we came accross car hire alcanti airport, no credit card, And they where the best!!!! they dealt with cash, what petrol was in car you put back, they paid for car park at pick up and return the car was brand new, he met us at airport, bit worried at firs as he was late due to traffic but he was funny polite and very helpful all we needed was full driving licence and a debit card *(electron ect) no deposit you confirmed by email and paid in cash on arrival they where the cheapest ever, I will use them every time i fly into alicanti, or mursia, Aweeks hire for five passengers plus car and booster seat all for under 400 euros brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eyebags need the name of this firm PLEASE.
  •  Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:29 AM

Hi, Desperately need the details of this company as have found myself in a predicament where I do not have a Credit card. many thanks for your help. Ian
  •  Mon, Oct 01 2012, 12:04 PM

Hi - I travel to Spain a few times a year, not to Girona Airport normally Alicante or Murcia. I always use a company called Indigo Car Hire. Not all of the car hire companies they operate with will take debit cards so i would call them rather than book a car on their website. I normally speak to a young chap called Rob never fails to let me down. I refuse to get a credit card and find it shocking that in this day and age people wont take debit card payments. Definatley work a call. Good luck :-)
  •  Sat, Sep 22 2012, 10:22 PM

Hi,

i'm going to Girona Airport - Spain next week, I have only Visa Debit Card and NO Credit Card. And I need to hire a car from the Airport.

For the last 2 days I try to find company but I couldn't.

Please I need your Help

Thanks

•  Wed, Sep 05 2012, 2:41 PM

Booked a car in April via eBookers with Hertz in France, and then read two days before our holiday in August that we had to produce a credit card. Hertz both in the UK and Nice were completely inflexible and just said 'well, you'll have to cancel your booking'. I did and it put us out a lot, but fortunately I read this thread to find that Avis accept either a credit card or a Visa debit card (they list what they accept on the their site). Next time it will be Avis from the start to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
  •  Sun, Aug 19 2012, 7:57 PM

This year in April I rented a car from Advantage in Albuquerque without a credit card. The small print said credit card needed, but actually they just ran a credit check and proceeded as normal with my debit card. I booked with them online as it was much cheaper than walking in off the street.
  •  Tue, Jul 17 2012, 12:09 AM

Hi, last year I came across a few US (LA) based rental companies that allowed rentals without a credit card but can't seem to find them now (I didn't end up renting last year). Anyway myself and mum both over 25 :) are looking for companies that will accept either debit card or cash as a deposit, neither of us have credit cards anymore. We're UK citizens, has anyone had any success renting in the US without a credit card ?
  •  Fri, Jul 13 2012, 10:25 AM

Be careful - I've read reviews about Goldcar and they have a bad reputation for taking out extra charges

•  Thu, Jul 12 2012, 3:05 PM

Just did a little research, apparently it refers you to this site

http://www.goldcar.es/en/

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck

•  Thu, Jul 12 2012, 2:08 PM

Hi there

not herd of goldstar rentals? got a website address? where do u book them?

thanks Andy

Page 1 of 5 (62 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next >