home
in

Paris long weekend

Last post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 8:36 AM by Oscar's Frog. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Thu, Mar 08 2012, 8:36 AM

Re: Paris long weekend

Thanks Alan.

I'll take a look at some hotels to get an idea for how far the budget will stretch.

•  Wed, Mar 07 2012, 8:47 PM

Re: Paris long weekend

Much easier to fly from Manchester, an hour and you are at Charles de Gaulle airport, Air France fly multiple times a day, book early for the cheapest flights. The train is 2 hours plus to London, walk with your luggage to St Pancras, check in at least 30 minutes before departure and then another 2hr20 minutes to Paris. You would take around 6 hours and in my view be exhausted.

Lots of lovely hotels, not all of them cheap, so give an idea of how much you want to spend

•  Wed, Mar 07 2012, 2:05 PM

Paris long weekend

I'm looking into booking a trip to Paris for a long weekend with my wife and have a couple of queries:

1. For a long weekend is it better (more convenient, cheaper, shorter etc) to fly or take the Eurostar? We live in manchester so are about 2 hours from London on the train or 15 mins drive to Manchester airport.

2. If flying is the best option which company offer the best times (i.e. maximum time in Paris compared with days off work)

3. Any hotel recommendations would be good. I'd ideally like small to medium sized hotel, something with a bit of character (not generic "could be anywhere" chain hotel).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks