home
in

What currency would I need for a trip to Cuba?

Last post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 3:23 PM by lesroberts77. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  Fri, Jan 20 2012, 3:23 PM

Re: What currency would I need for a trip to Cuba?

That could be quite a few birthday and Christmas presents sorted for the foreseeable future then! Thanks for your help Alan, appreciate it.
  •  Fri, Jan 20 2012, 10:04 AM

I am not a smoker but I believe the Cubans allow each passenger to export 50 cigars, which just so happens to be the import limit to the UK
  •  Thu, Jan 19 2012, 9:19 PM

Hi Alan, thanks for that, I figured it would be the case that nothing American would be welcome! One more question if you can shed any light on it, what's the situation with bringing back cigars?! I'm looking to bring a couple back for me and a few mates and I know that they're illegal in the states but are they just subject to normal duty rules in GB?
  •  Thu, Jan 19 2012, 8:18 PM

US dollars are a complete no-no, as are credit cards issued by US banks such as MBNA or Capital One. You should take sterling and change it as necessary. Although the US/Cuba relationship is softening, it may still be a long time before they take dollars
  •  Tue, Jan 17 2012, 8:00 AM

What currency would I need for a trip to Cuba?

Hi there, I'm thinking of going to Cuba sometime this year and I was wondering what currency I should take. As far as I'm aware the local currency is Pesos but I've conflicting stories about using US Dollars or even Sterling or Euros over there so I'm really not sure what to take. Any advice you could give me would be great. Cheers, Les