- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Faro
- Language: Portuguese
- Key phrase to learn: Vou ter saudades disto! (I’m going to miss this!)
- Time difference: None
- Average flight time: Two hours and fifty minutes
- International phone code: +351
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Sunday, Liberation Day (April 25), Labour Day (May 1), Corpus Christi (60 days after Easter Sunday), Portugal Day (June 10), Assumption Day (August 15), Republic Day (October 5), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Restoration of Independence Day (December 1), Immaculate Conception Day (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal
Compare Algarve holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.