- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital City: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Language: Spanish
- Key phrase to learn: Por favor, estoy perdido (Excuse me, I’m lost.)
- Time difference: None
- Average flight time: Four and a half hours
- International phone code: +34
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Maundy Thursday (Thursday before Easter Sunday), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Canary Islands Day (May 30),Assumption Day (August 15), National Day (October 12), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Constitution Day (December 6), Immaculate Conception Day (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain
Compare Gran Canaria holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.