- Currency: Bajan Dollar
- Capital city: Bridgetown
- Language: English
- Key phrase to learn: “Leh we fire one” (Let’s have a fire drink)
- Time difference: 5 hours behind the UK
- Average flight time: Around eight hours and 50 minutes from London
- Emergency services number: Fire: 311, Police: 211, Ambulance: 511
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Errol Barrow Day (Birthday of the former Prime Minister of Barbados), Good Friday (Friday before Easter), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter), National Heroes Day (April 28), May Day (May 1), Whit Monday (seventh Monday after Easter), Emancipation Day (August 1), Kadooment Day (August 7), Independence Day (November 30), Christmas Day (December 25), Boxing Day (December 26).
- FCO travel advice and entry requirements: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/barbados
Compare Barbados holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.