- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Language: Spanish
- Key phrase to learn: Dónde está el cajero automático? (Where is the cash machine?)
- Time difference: None
- Average flight time: 4.5 hours
- International phone code: +34
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Virgen de La Candelaria (February 2), Maundy Thursday (Thursday before Easter Sunday), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Canarian Day (May 30), Assumption Day (August 15), National Day (October 12), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Constitution Day (December 6), Immaculate Conception Day (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain
Fancy a holiday to Tenerife?
Search and compare Tenerife holiday deals