- Currency: Euro (€) in south Cyprus; Turkish lira (₺) in north Cyprus (although euros, pounds sterling, and US dollars are widely accepted)
- Capital city: Nicosia
- Language: Greek (Turkish in the north)
- Key phrase to learn: Den katalavéno. (I don’t understand.)
- Time difference: Cyprus is 2 hours ahead of the UK
- Average flight time: 4 to 5 hours
- International phone code: +357 (south Cyprus); 90 392 (north Cyprus)
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Independence Day (March 25), Clean Monday (seven weeks before Easter), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), Greek Cypriot Day (April 1), EU Accession Day (May 1), Kataklysmos (50 days after Easter), Peace and Freedom Day (north Cyprus) (July 20), Assumption of the Virgin Mary (August 15), Victory Day (north Cyprus) (August 30), Cyprus Independence Day (October 1), Ohi Day (October 28), Turkish National Day (north Cyprus) (October 29), Proclamation of the TRNC (north Cyprus) (November 15), Christmas Day (December 25), Boxing Day (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cyprus
Compare Cyprus holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.