- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Madrid
- Language: Mainly Spanish (Castilian), but also Basque, Catalan, Galician and Occitan (also known as Aranese)
- Key phrase to learn: ¿Que me recomienda? (What do you recommend?)
- Time difference: Mainland Spain and the Balearic Islands are one hour ahead of the UK; there is no time difference between the UK and the Canary Islands
- Average flight time: 2.5 hours to mainland Spain, 4.5 hours to the Canary Islands
- International phone code: +34
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Maundy Thursday (not Catalonia and Valencia; Thursday before Easter Sunday), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Assumption Day (August 15), National Day (October 12), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Constitution Day (December 6), Immaculate Conception Day (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain
Compare Spain holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.