- Currency: Escudo, though Euros are typically accepted on Sal and Boa Vista ($00)
- Capital city: Praia
- Language: Portuguese (plus lots of Creole)
- Key phrase to learn: É o avião ainda na programação? (Is the plane still on schedule?)
- Time difference: Cape Verde is one hour behind the UK
- Average flight time: Six hours
- International phone code: +238
- Emergency service numbers: 130 (ambulance), 131 (fire), 132 (police)
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Democracy Day (January 13), Heroes Day (January 20), Ash Wednesday (46 days before Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Children’s Day (June 1), Independence Day (July 5), Assumption (August 15), National Day (September 12), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cape-verde
Compare Cape Verde holidays
Trending destination for 2017
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.