- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Athens
- Language: Greek
- Key phrase to learn: Milas anglika? (Do you speak English?)
- Time difference: Greece is 2 hours ahead of the UK
- Average flight time: 4 hours
- International phone code: +30
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Clean Monday (seven weeks before Orthodox Easter), Independence Day (March 25), Orthodox Good Friday (Friday before Orthodox Easter Sunday), Orthodox Easter Monday (Monday after Orthodox Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Holy Spirit Monday (seven weeks after Orthodox Easter), Assumption Day (August 15), The Ochi Day (October 28), Christmas Day (December 25), Synaxis of the Mother of God (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece
Compare Greece holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.