- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Heraklion
- Language: Greek
- Key phrase to learn: Phantastika! (Great!)
- Time difference: Crete is two hours ahead of the UK
- Average flight time: Four hours from London
- International phone code: +30
- Emergency services number: 100 for police, 166 for medical emergencies
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Greek Independence Day (March 25), Orthodox Good Friday (the Friday before Orthodox Easter Sunday), Orthodox Easter Monday (the Monday after Orthodox Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Whit Monday (Agiou Pnevmatos; 50 days after Orthodox Easter Sunday), Assumption Day (August 15), Ochi Day (October 28), Christmas Day (December 25), St Stephen’s Day (26 December).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece/
Compare Crete holidays
Great Crete Holiday Deals!