- Currency: Euro (€)
- Language: Italian
- Key phrase to learn: Il conto, per favore (The bill, please)
- Time difference: Venice is one hour ahead of the UK
- Average flight time: Two hours and 20 minutes
- International phone code: +39
- Emergency services number: 118
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), Liberation Day (April 25), Labour Day (May 1), Republic Day (June 2), Assumption Day/Ferragosto (August 15), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Immaculate Conception (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25), St Stephen’s Day (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy
Compare Venice city breaks
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.