- Currency: Euro (€)
- Language: Italian
- Key phrase to learn: Parla inglese? (Do you speak English?)
- Time difference: Rome is one hour ahead of the UK
- Average flight time: Two hours and 20 minutes
- International phone code: +36
- Emergency services number: 112 or 113
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Easter Sunday, Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), Liberation Day (April 25), Labour Day (May 1), Republic Day (June 2), The Feast of St Peter and St Paul (Rome only; June 29), Assumption Day/Ferragosto (August 15), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Immaculate Conception (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25), St Stephen’s Day (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy
Compare Rome city breaks
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.