- Currency: Aruban florin (Afl). This is tied to the US Dollar ($), which is widely accepted.
- Languages: Dutch and Papiamento, Creole, Spanish,Portuguese and Dutch. English is commonly spoken.
- Key phrase to learn: Wat is de tafel limiet? (What is the table limit?)
- Time difference: Aruba is 5 hours behind the UK
- Average flight time: 9 hours 30 minutes
- International phone code: +297
- Emergency service number: 911
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Betico Croes Day (January 25), Carnival Monday (Monday before Ash Wednesday), National Anthem and Flag Day (March 18), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), The Day of the King (April 27), Labour Day (May 1), Ascension Day (39 days after Easter Sunday), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/aruba
Compare Aruba holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.