Easter 2017 falls mid-April (Easter Sunday is on April 16), when spring is getting into full swing in the UK and temperatures in Europe are rising fast...
The Easter holidays are a popular time to go away, especially for families, as school children tend to have two weeks off. Florida is always an Easter family favourite, along with the Canary Islands, the Spanish mainland, and Mediterranean islands such as Cyprus and Malta.
And, if you're planning a shorter trip, it's a lovely time to go on a city break, to hop on a ferry over the Channel, or to plan a UK holiday to see the country in blossom.
Can't decide where to go? We've rounded up the top 10 most popular Easter holiday getaways...
Whether you are looking for a long-haul holiday, a sunshine break nearer to home, a city break, or something low key in the UK, this is where Brits tend to head during the Easter holidays:
1. Florida - All of the family will love the thrills and spills of the theme parks, having fun on the white-sand beaches and the fantastic weather. Book early to avoid disappointment as Florida sells out well in advance every year.
2. Spain - With a short flight time and weather that's starting to hot up, Spain is a popular Easter destination. Hot favourites include Seville (where you can watch traditional Easter processions), the Costas and Majorca.
3. North Africa - Sun seekers will love catching rays on the beaches of Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia, while those after some culture won't be disappointed either.
4. European cities - Spring is a great time to explore a city with old classics such as Paris, Rome and Amsterdam proving popular. Or, why not try somewhere different such as Istanbul, Athens or Budapest?
5. UK seaside resorts - Traditional resorts such as Blackpool, Brighton and Bournemouth are loved by those looking for fun by the sea, while those after quieter stretches of sand should head to Cornwall, South Wales or East Anglia.
6. UK cottage holidays - Enjoy exploring the beautiful British countryside while it's in bloom.
7. The Canary Islands - Reliable sunshine and unusual landscapes attract visitors to the Canary Islands. Favourites such as Tenerife and Lanzarote have plenty to keep holidaymakers entertained, while La Palma and La Gomera offer a quieter break.
8. Caribbean - If you're after a tropical getaway, plan a holiday to soak up the sun in destinations such as Barbados, Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Mexico.
9. Mediterranean islands - Enjoy the start of warmer weather and mouth-wateringly fresh food in Cyprus, Malta, Sicily and Crete.
10. Somewhere different - Those looking to treat themselves to a memorable break should consider a holiday in a far-flung destination such as the Maldives for complete relaxation, Dubai for a touch of the high life, Las Vegas for entertainment galore, or New York where you can shop until you drop.
Find out when the Easter holidays take place in your local area so you can plan your break and get the best deal...
The dates of the Easter shutdown do vary from one part of the country to another, so it's important to check the dates with your child's school.
These dates are provided as guidance.
• The South East - London schools break up on March 31 and return on April 18.
• West Country - Bristol schools break up on April 7 and return on April 24.
• The Midlands - Birmingham schools break up on April 7 and return on April 24.
• The North - Manchester schools break up on March 31 and return on April 18
• The North East - Newcastle schools break up on April 7 and return on April 24.
• Scotland - Glasgow schools break up on March 31 and return on April 18
• Northern Ireland - Belfast schools break up on April 13 and return on April 24.
• Wales - Cardiff schools break up on April 7 and return on April 24.