We compare what's there to find the best deals for you.
Please enter a valid email address
You're now signed up. Great deals will soon be delivered to your inbox.
Whether you're looking for a bargain beach break or a luxury week away, here's where you should head to over the May half term...
If you are looking for beaches, the Balearics are a hit for families. Menorca has the best family beaches, but both Menorca and Ibiza also offer great resorts for you and the children to enjoy.
The Greek islands are opening up for the summer in May, and Turkey is also in full swing. The Spanish Costas, with destinations such as Benidorm and Marbella, offer great value for money, and the Algarve is also an excellent choice. Cyprus is beautiful at this time of year, covered in flowers, while Malta has warm temperatures - perfect for lazing around and playing in your hotel pool.
Further afield, temperatures are rapidly rising in the Egyptian Red Sea resorts and Dubai, so be wary of the heat.
Florida is a super destination for beaches, theme parks and shopping, or you could just fly and flop in the Caribbean before the summer hurricanes begin.
And, of course, Cities in Europe and the UK are well worth visiting. You should be able to stroll around in short sleeves across all of southern Europe and you may not even need your jumper in more northerly cities.
Finally, if you want to stay closer to home, there are holiday parks, cottages, seaside resorts and day trips galore in the UK for all of the family to enjoy.
Find out when May half term is in your area so you can plan your break and get the best deal...
The Whit school holidays are often centred on the last Monday in May, which is a public bank holiday across the UK. In 2017, the spring bank holiday is May 29, and many schools will be closed for a week around this day.
Some primary schools, however, may have a two-week break, so it's essential you double check with your child's school before booking a holiday.
Dates vary within areas by local education authority, and even within individual schools, so please check the exact holiday dates with your child's school. These dates are provided merely as generic guidance.
• The South East - London schools break up on May 26 and return on June 5.
• West Country - Bristol schools break up on May 26 and return on June 5.
• The Midlands - Birmingham schools break up on May 26 and return on June 5.
• The North - Manchester schools break up May 26 and return on June 5.
• The North East - Newcastle schools break up on May 26 and return on June 5.
• Scotland - Glasgow schools are off on May 26 and May 29 only.
• Northern Ireland - Belfast schools are off on May 29 only.
• Wales - Cardiff schools break up on May 26 and return on June 5.