- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Valletta
- Language: Maltese, English
- Key phrase to learn: Merħba (pronounced ‘mer-ha-ba’ and meaning ‘hello’ or ‘welcome’)
- Time difference: Malta is 2 hours ahead of the UK
- Average flight time: 3 hours
- International phone code: +356
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Epiphany (January 6), Saint Paul’s Shipwreck (February 10), St Joseph’s Day (March 19), Freedom Day (March 31), Maundy Thursday (Thursday before Easter Sunday), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), The Feast of St Peter and St Paul (June 29), Assumption Day (August 15), Victory Day (September 8), Independence Day (September 21), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Immaculate Conception Day (December 8), Republic Day (December 13), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/malta
Compare Malta holidays
Trending destination for 2017
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.