- Currency: Euro (€)
- Language: Latvian
- Key phrase to learn: Kur var nopirkt alu? (where can I buy a beer?)
- Time difference: Riga is two hours ahead of London
- Average flight time: Two and a half hours
- International phone code: +371
- Pan-European emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), Labour Day (May 1), Midsummer Eve (June 23), St John’s Day (June 24), Latvian national day (November 18), Christmas Day (December 25), Second day of Christmas (December 26), New Year’s Eve (December 31).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/latvia
Compare Riga city breaks
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.