- Currency: Czech koruna (CZK)
- Capital city: Prague
- Language: Czech
- Key phrases to learn: Mluvíte anglicky? (Do you speak English?)
- Time difference: The Czech Republic is 1 hour ahead of the UK.
- Average flight time: 2 hours
- International phone code: +420
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day and Restoration of the Czech Independence Day (January 1), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (March 28), Labour Day (May 1), Victory in Europe Day (May 8), Saints Cyril and Methodius (July 5), Jan Hus Day (July 8), St. Wenceslas Day (September 28), Independent Czechoslovak State Day (October 28), Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day (November 17), Christmas Eve (December 24), Christmas Day (December 25), St. Stephen’s Day (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/czech-republic
Compare Czech Republic holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.