- Currency: Króna (kr)
- Capital city: Reykjavík
- Language: Icelandic
- Key phrase to learn: Hjálp ég er villtur (Help, I am lost!)
- Time difference: Same as UK
- Average flight time: Three hours
- International phone code: +354
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year's Day (January 1), Maundy Thursday (Thursday before Easter Sunday), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), First Day of Summer (Thursday after April 18), May Day (May 1), Ascension Day (40 days after Easter), Whit Monday (seventh Monday after Easter), Independence Day (June 17), Commerce Day (first Monday in August), Christmas Eve (December 24), Christmas Day (December 25), St Stephen's Day (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iceland
Compare Iceland holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.