- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Dublin
- Languages: English, Irish
- Key phrase to learn: Sláinte! (Cheers!)
- Time difference: Ireland is in the same time zone as London
- Average flight time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- International phone code: +353
- Emergency services number: 112 or 999
- Public holidays: New Year's Day (January 1), St Patrick’s Day (17 March), Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday), Easter Monday (Monday after Easter Sunday), May Holiday (May 1), June Holiday (first Monday in June), August Holiday (first Monday in August), October Holiday (last Monday in October), Christmas Day (December 25), St Stephen’s Day (December 26).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/ireland
Compare Ireland holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.