- Currency: Euro (€)
- Capital city: Lisbon
- Language: Portuguese
- Key phrase to learn: Como se diz isto em Português? (What is this called in Portuguese?)
- Time difference: Portugal is in the same time zone as the UK; the Azores are 1 hour behind
- Average flight time from the UK: Two hours 30 minutes
- International phone code: +351
- Emergency services number: 112
- Public holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Shrove Tuesday (February/March), Good Friday (Friday before Easter), Liberty Day (April 25), Labour Day (May 1), Portugal Day (June 10), Feast of the Assumption (August 15), Republic Day (October 5), All Saints’ Day (November 1), Immaculate Conception Day (December 8), Christmas Day (December 25).
- Link to FCO travel advice: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal
Cheap Portugal holidays
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer's hard drive when you visit most websites.